Passionate About Fundraising
My 20-year career in the nonprofit sector has been defined by the conviction that when staff and volunteers are coached to bravery, they can accomplish anything.
An expert in volunteer-led fundraising, I have helped clients and organizations in the Pacific Northwest raise more than $250 million to change the world. I've managed more than 20 major capital, comprehensive, and endowment campaigns with goals ranging from $1 million to $300 million, and 40 campaign feasibility studies. My experience on the frontlines includes leading healthcare, university, and K-12 education shops to fundraising success.
I also hold a Ph.D in cultural anthropology, a lens that allows me to quickly learn new organizations and cultures, and one which has uniquely prepared me to work with diverse communities to move projects forward.
This background has shaped my abilities as a keen listener and interviewer, collaborative partner, big picture, systems thinker, innovator, and problem solver.
A frequent presenter and trainer at conferences, I have held the CFRE certification since 2005.
• Bellarmine Preparatory School
• Habitat for Humanity Pierce County
• Lighthouse Christian School
• MultiService Center
• Neighborcare Health
• Pierce County Library System
• South Puget Sound Community College
• King County Library Systems
• Cascade Regional Blood Services
• Executive Director, Mary Bridge Children’s Foundation, Tacoma 2015 - 2018
• Assistant Vice President, Seattle University, Seattle 2013 - 2015
• Vice President, Collins Group, Seattle 2005 - 2013